Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Flowers in the Attic- V.C Andrews

Flowers in the Attic (Dollanganger, #1)Flowers in the Attic by V.C. Andrews
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

You know this book has been on my I have to read this list for a long time, because it sounds so creepy but everyone is either squicked or it's their guilty pleasure. I heard V.C Andrews is one of those writers whom everyone loves but kinda hates at the same time. So, of course, I'm gonna be all over this. I think I will have a new guilty pleasure writer after I'm done with this.

Edit: Wow, where to start. This is my new guilty pleasure writer. Yes, it has problematic themes with sexual content, with the incest rape. Sorry, that was not consensual at all. What I loved the most was the gothic horror tone to it. The mood was fantastically set. It was definitely twisted, and Freud would have a field day. I am currently reading the sequel.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment